What is misinfosec?
“Misinfosec” comes from the intersection of misinformation and infosec, a term commonly used to describe cybersecurity. Misinfosec is an emerging domain focusing on bridging together epistemological gaps between mis/disinformation research and cybersecurity.
The term was coined and popularized by Sara-Jayne Terp, who led work on the AM!TT framework, an adversarial misinformation framework to track tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs) used by adversaries in disinformation campaigns.
What are the goals for misinfosecUK?
The aim of this project is threefold:
- To bridge together the domains of disinformation research and infosec
- To build a community of researchers, practitioners and academics in the UK
- To amplify, curate, and foster both projects and research in this domain
We aim to achieve this by:
- Organising IRL and online social events, talks, and workshops in the UK
- Curating research and projects with open-source contributions